Wednesday, August 8, 2007

German news versus Australian and much more other stuff to tell

hi everyone,
haven't wrote anything for quite a long time and feel bad about it. but everything was just so exiting recently. also i had to do a lot of stuff. i had to confirm my return flight to Germany. had to rearrange the flight back to Australia. then, my friends and me were looking for a new place...and we found one. it is a very nice place. it is bright, spacious, not very expensive and located in a familiar area. i am now living in surry hills and will move just one street further which is very handy because of moving all my stuff.

anyway, my best friend is back again and we're sharing my room. i thought it would a bit complicated sometimes but it is actually quiet cozy. we're both studying and working so that means we don't annoy each other too much. when this semester is over i fly to Berlin, again. actually i think it is too soon but i have to visit my little baby brother Henry.
Henry is not born yet, but will 'pop out' soon, probably this weekend. he is just my half brother though. but that doesn't matter i think. it is a bit weird to be such an old sister. i gonna be 22 years older than him...for gods sake i could be his mother. what a strange world we live in, he?!

a propos strange world. since i got a bit more knowledge about podcast i download every and single day the German news from an independent channel called ZDF. it is so interesting whats happening in the world but if you watch news on channel seven, nine or ten you become or stay stupid. honestly, there are 22 south Korean Christians kidnapped in Afghanistan (2-3 killed) and its apparently not entertaining enough to keep on reporting on that. there are also two Germans kidnapped near Kabul and one of them got already killed. i haven't seen anything about that in the news. furthermore, a virus spread in Great Britain which could ruin thousand of existences. nope, nothing for the glamor news on most of the channels. i can really recommend the abc news or world news on sbs. but most of the people find those ones too boring to watch...it is a shame. well, i just had to let that out because it just makes me angry that news like "brangelina" or "who is in the rehab today" are more interesting for people than the reality with all it wars.

alright folks, that was my 'speech of the day'***

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

haha...even I've got an iPod, I don't know how to use podcast, but now, knew more than before, I'll try to download some as well, if you would like, I could transfer t you.